How to Make Essiac Tea
Essiac Tea Directions
HOW TO MAKE ESSIAC TEA VIDEO: CLICK HERE to watch the video on How to Make Essiac Tea in your own home.
Here are simplified instructions to save time and to make it easier for people new to Essiac to make the tea. The supplies for making Essiac tea can usually be found in your local hardware or grocery store in the canning supplies section. Do not use any aluminum utensils as aluminum can react with Essiac tea.
Supplies Needed: Enameled or stainless steel pot with lid. Canning jars, lids & rings. Strainer and funnel or a glass measuring cup.
The following recipe is based upon the Essiac formula & recipe that Mary McPherson recorded in the Town of Bracebrdige, Ontario. You can make a smaller, two-quart batch by dividing this recipe in half. If you skip the sterilization step it is best to make just enough Essiac tea to last about two weeks because Essiac tea is perishable and will eventually spoil in the refrigerator. You can increase the shelf life of Essiac tea by sterilizing all utensils, jars, rings, lids, etc. in a boiling water bath for at least 15 minutes. The following steps show how to make about one gallon of Essiac tea.
1. Pour one gallon of unchlorinated water into pot and bring to a boil. (Optional: Add about 3 extra cups of water to compensate for water boiling off and water absorption of herbs.) (Also, if you only have chlorinated water, you can boil the water for about 15 minutes to drive out some of the chlorine or, better yet, go to the grocery store and buy a gallon of distilled or spring water.)
2. Add 1/2 cup of dried Essiac tea herbs (about 2 oz dry weight), cover and boil for 10 minutes (watch it so it doesn't boil over). To make a two-quart batch add 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of dried Essiac tea herbs. Add 1/8 cup ( 2 tbsp) to make just a quart.
3. Scrape down the sides of the pot and allow the tea to sit, covered, in a warm place for about 12 hours. Room temperature is fine.
4. Reheat the tea in the covered pot until steaming hot, but do not boil it twice. (If boiled twice it may not taste as good.)
5. Allow the tea to sit covered and undisturbed for several minutes so that the herbs will settle to the bottom of the pot.
6. Place funnel and strainer on top of preheated canning jars. (If you donít have a funnel and strainer, you can use a glass measuring cup to pour the tea into the jars.)
7. Carefully pour off (decant) the liquid from the pot into the canning jars so as to keep sediment out as much as possible. Screw the lids on, allow to cool and then refrigerate. The sediment can be used for poultices or can be discarded. Optional: Canning jars can be pre-sterilized in a boiling water bath, oven or microwave. Use canning jar tongs to handle hot jars.
DIRECTIONS FOR DRINKING ESSIAC TEA
Pour 1 or 2 fluid ounces (1/8 to 1/4 cup) into a mug and add hot water according to your taste. Rene Caisse recommended 1 oz of Essiac tea with 2 oz of water for cancer patients. Do not microwave the tea. Drink Essiac tea on an empty stomach about one half hour before eating or at bedtime. Take the time to sip your Essiac tea slowly; donít gulp it down because digestion begins in the mouth. For information on dosage please visit the Essiac FAQ section. Essiac tea is detoxifying so it is very important to drink plenty of pure water during the day and to have regular bowel movements. Discard Essiac tea if it tastes sour or when white mold appears floating on the surface. Essiac herbs and tea are light and heat sensitive so it is important to store in a cool, dark place.
CLICK HERE for a printer-friendly version of easy-to-follow directions to make Essiac tea.
"We all have the right to benefit from Essiac because no one can stop us making it, no one can stop us taking it and no one can stop us deciding how and when we're going to do it." [THE ESSIAC BOOK by Mali Klein, 2006]
ESSIAC QUESTIONS? Be sure to visit our ESSIAC BOOKS section to find reliable and well-documented information about Essiac tea.
* CLICK HERE to find the correct herbs to make Essiac Tea *
[The Health Freedom Info Newsletter subscriber list is not sold or shared with anyone. The current newsletter and newsletter archive links are at the bottom of The Truth About Essiac page.]
* Health Freedom Info is not a business or commercial enterprise. The visitation of the Health Freedom Info web site by any person or governmental agency constitutes tacit admission and consent to the sole jurisdiction/principles of Natural Law (original native jurisdiction of Turtle Island). THEREFORE, all Natural Human Rights and Freedoms are hereby secured and preserved, any and all mere de facto political laws, codes, regulations, statutes, administrative procedures, government alphabet agencies and/or United Nations treaties to the contrary notwithstanding. Nothing on this web site shall be construed as legal advice or medical advice or treatment. For medical or legal advice please bend over and consult a qualified, licensed profe$$ional :-)
All Rights Reserved https://www.HealthFreedom.info.
For permission to use original articles and pictures on this website contact email@example.com
Home Health Info Freedom Info Chemtrail Info Essiac Info AIDS Info Cancer Info About HFI Ordering Information Books AIDS & Essiac Cancer & Essiac Diabetes & Essiac Essiac & Detoxification Essiac FAQ